Sunday, September 5, 2010

prendre la vie comme elle vient, prendre la vie comme elle est.

The 19th is fast approaching and the nervous are, too.  It comes in waves, I'm so excited at some points and then my stomach sinks and the nerves crash over me.  Last night, or rather, this morning at about 5, it was all I could think about.  Instead of relaxing and falling back to sleep, my brain kept making lists and asking questions.  What was I thinking?  How am I going to talk to people, can I really handle going to a foreign speaking country?  Why am I leaving my friends, my boyfriend, my family? 
Whew.
Well, I suppose it's to be expected.  API, or Academic Programs International, has prepared me the best they can.  I have a lot of orientation material about the program and even some material to practice my french.  The best thing for it is to go.  Allez!  I just wish I could shut my brain off during the remaining 14 days. 
It's very normal to stress about this experience, I'm sure....but it's also very annoying. 
I'm going to take a deep breath and follow the advice of Archimede (great french band-look em up!)

take life as it comes, take life as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment