Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wrapping Up Presents and Paris

I can't believe I'm approaching my last week in Paris! When I look back, it seems to all have been a blur, but it feels like time is going by slowly when you're looking ahead, have you ever noticed that? I can remember when I realized I would be home in 9 weeks- single digits! And just a few days ago I said wow, I'm in the single digits but this time in days. Six days from now I'll be boarding a plane (fingers crossed it's not delayed!) and returning home! It's surreal to think about. I've been planning this trip for so long, and soon it'll be one of the fondest memories I have. Oh dear, I think I'm going to start tearing up soon... This city is amazing, there are things here that no other place has. I'm going to miss just wandering the streets, walking for hours and not getting tired because Ooh la la, I'm in Paris. I'm going to miss walking down the street and smelling fresh bread in the air. I'll miss just saying "Bonjour" when I walk into a store or a cafe. But I've missed my family and friends for so long! Can't I just have both? I have a sneaky feeling that when I come home, it'll feel like I never left, but so much has happened! It's going to be quite strange the first couple of days. There are things I know I'll miss, things I'm glad I don't have to deal with anymore, but over here we're all wondering what it'll be like to adjust to America again. Can it really be that hard? We left for three months, but most of us have lived there for twenty years! I think I'm going to have PTPD: Post-traumatic Paris disorder. I'm so glad I have amazing people to come back to, that will make it easier, I think.
And now, packing phase two... and I was overweight the first time....

No comments:

Post a Comment